Skip to main content

Recently added items

Below is a list of all the recently added content, ordered from newest to oldest.

(Image)
(Image)
This online exhibition, which consists of 10 panels, is part of QAHN's Canadian Heritage-funded project "Housewife Heroines: Anglophone Women at Home in Montreal during World War II."
(Image)
Ancienne carte postale photographique / Early photographic postcard.
(Image)
Ancienne carte postale photographique / Early photographic postcard.
(Image)
Stonefield et Rivière des Outaouais, vers 1920. Ancienne carte postale photographique. (N.B.: Stonefield n'est pas loins de Grenville). / Stonefield and Ottawa River, c.1920. Early photographic postcard. (N.B.: Stonefield is not far from Grenville).
(Image)
Rawdon, v. 1915. Ancienne carte postale photographique. / Rawdon, c.1915. Early photographic postcard.
(Image)
(Image)
Carte postale, peinte à la main, vers 1910. / Hand-tinted postcard, c.1910.
(Image)
Some years ago, this unusual stone was built into a wall of an old home in Beaconsfield, Quebec. The stone had been found nearby on the property, and then incorporated in the wall during masonry work. Barbara Barclay, the owner of the house in question, would like to know if this stone is the result of human art, or whether it was formed naturally. Please contact QAHN if you have any ideas! Tel: (819) 564-9595 Toll free in Quebec (877) 964-0409 home@QAHN.org.
(Image)
This mystery object, submitted to QAHN for identification, is in the collection of the Morin Heights Historical Association in the Laurentians. Can anyone out there identify this unusual object? If so, please leave your comment, below.
(History Article)
The coming of the train in the 1890s ended the almost complete isolation of Morin Township.
(Image)
The coming of the train in the 1890s ended the almost complete isolation of Morin Township. The train brought in the first summer, then all year, visitors to Morin and started a lively tourist industry, especially with the development of skiing in the 1920s. Train service was ended in the 1960s and now the former rail bed is the Aerobic Corridor - providing a cross-country ski trail in winter and a hiking trail in summer.
(History Article)
Raoul Pagé bought the blacksmith shop in Morin Heights in 1934.
(History Article)