"Fort Rose School was in operation in New Glasgow from 1831 until 1953. Like most of the area, the settlers of New Glasgow were from Scotland, and brought their Scottish heritage, and their names, with them. The school’s claim to fame was that Wilfred Laurier was sent here as a child from St. Lin, up the road, to learn English… which he did. The teacher in the last years was a Miss Smith, who taught Grades 1 through 6. The choolhouse is now an antique shop."
Michael Litvack, artist