The Vieux Palais de Justice de l’Assomption is the oldest county courthouse in Quebec. Its architecture is inspired by traditional 18th- and 19th-century styles. It comprises the Lebourdais House, built in 1811, the Gamelin-Woolrich House, built in 1822, and a former Hudson’s Bay Company trading post. It was not until 1857 that it became a courthouse. In 1975, the then-abandoned building was classified as a historic monument.