The Vieux Palais de Justice de l’Assomption is the oldest county courthouse in Quebec. Its architecture is inspired by traditional 18th- and 19th-century styles. It comprises the Lebourdais House, built in 1811, the Gamelin-Woolrich House, built in 1822, and a former Hudson’s Bay Company trading post. It was not until 1857 that it became a courthouse. In 1975, the then-abandoned building was classified as a historic monument. The Corporation de l’Oasis du Vieux Palais restored and developed this fine heritage building, which now offers guided tours and cultural activities such as croissants and music, literary Sundays and murder mystery suppers.
To find out more, click here:http://www.smq.qc.ca/mtd/museumguide/datasheets/institution.php?ID=50-55-1260