Skip to main content

J. E. Seale General Store, Morin Heights

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

larger_new_picture_8.pnglarger_new_picture_1_0.pngJ. E. Seale & Sons was the first and largest general store in the village of Morin Heights.

The store sold everything from animal feeds, to boots, to groceries, to hardware.

Note the false front on the building in the 1950s-era photograph (right).

There were several commercial buildings along Morin Heights' main street sporting these until the early 1960s which gave the town, especially as the street wasn't paved until about 1955, an atmosphere of the Wild West or Klondike Days...

larger_new_picture_9.pngTo Contact:

Morin Heights Historical Association
P.O. Box 2693,
Morin Heights, QC
J0R 1H0

www.morinheightshistory.org
mhha98@hotmail.com