Skip to main content

GREENSHIELDS POINT, STE-AGATHE

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Reverend Théophile Thibodeau was not a typical priest. He assumed responsibility for the parish of Ste-Agathe-des-Monts in 1878 and, while he was loved and respected in his parish and is credited with the colonisation of Archambault township and the construction of a chapel, his real passion was his homestead. It consisted of a large portion of a peninsula in Ste- Agathe's Lac des Sables known today as Greenshields' Point. As a result, four years after assuming his parish responsibilities, he managed to resign and return home.

For the entire article, click here: http://www.ballyhoo.ca/placenames/Greenshields_Point.shtml